EMP offers a variety of valuable events that support the efforts of local educators, including biannual Teacher Professional Development Days, Homeschool Days, and music and literary student competitions such as Write Out of This World.
EMP offers homeschooled students and their families a unique opportunity to participate in thematic hands-on experiences centered on the museum’s exhibits and content. Each Homeschool Day will feature a different student-centered workshop led by a professional teaching artist, a guided gallery experience, and free time to explore our exciting and interactive exhibits.
- September 18, 2014—The Science of Sound
- November 20, 2014—Filmmaking and Music Videos
- January 15, 2015—Introduction to Scratch Animation and Game Design
- March 19, 2015—Introduction to Cartooning and Graphic Novels
- May 21, 2015
Professional Development Days
Join EMP Museum, Pacific Science Center, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center for a day dedicated to inspiring and supporting educators through STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math). Take part in your choice of two two-hour, skill-based workshops at these three Seattle Center area venues, enjoy a stimulating lunch keynote, and tasty refreshments. Workshops are designed especially for educators, addressing a broad spectrum of STEAM learning objectives, and highlighting key topics from each organization’s areas of expertise taught by staff and professional educators. Choose from two of the following workshops:
- Illustrating Innovation
- Think Kinesthetically! BrainDance, Math, and Science Concepts through Movement
- Standards: The Next Generation
- February 21, 2015; EMP Museum, Pacific Science Center, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Visitory Center; 8:30am–4:00pm
- $50 (includes six Washington State clock hours)